About the Role
The Baling Operator and Logistics Coordinator works alongside the management team to oversee all baling operations of soft goods, cardboard, and shoes. This includes picking up potential baled product at our other locations to bring to our baling location in Des Moines. This job will also be responsible for donor furniture pickups. On days where there aren’t any baling operations or furniture pickups, this position will help with other store operations for processing product.
Your collection is already set up for you with fields and content. Add your own content or import it from a CSV file. Add fields for any type of content you want to display, such as rich text, images, and videos. Be sure to click Sync after making changes in a collection, so visitors can see your newest content on your live site.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Reports for scheduled work regularly and on time. Notifies supervisor as soon as possible regarding the need and expected duration of any absence.
• Perform timely, safe and efficient routing and scheduling of transportation to/from donation centers, donors' homes, and baling operations.
• Load and operate baler for soft goods and recycling material.
• Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs and be able to stand for long periods of time; bend, reach and stretch repeatedly during a shift.
• Ability to pass DOT physical and drug screen.
• Must be able to work flexible hours (including nights and weekends).
• Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
• Meets productivity goals, maintains high quality in processing goods.
• Keeps work area and surrounding area neat, clean, and orderly.
• Follows all customer service guidelines; strives to provide exceptional customer service at all times.
• Follows all policies, procedures, and work rules.
• High school diploma or GED
• A minimum of eighteen (18) months of related full-time paid employment, including at least twelve (12) months of supervisory experience
• Possess a highly developed sense of customer service and interpersonal skills including high integrity, respect for all individuals (customers, vendors, and employees), strong critical and analytical thinking skills, and appreciation of diversity
• Ability to effectively communicate in English, both orally and in writing
• Ability to read and comprehend internal documents related to store operations
• Possess valid driver’s license with a good driving record and be insurable
• Ability to operate a fork lift and pass fork lift safety training
• Committed to and support of the mission and vision of Many Hands Thrift Market and Many Hands
• Ability to treat others with respect regardless of age, sex, race, or status
Equipment Used in Performance of Job
• Pallet Jacks
• E350 Super Duty Truck with box
• Tommy liftgate
• PTO and Paid Sick Leave
• Long- and Short-term Disability
• Retirement Plan with company match
• 50% employee discount
• Life Insurance Policy
• AD&D Policy
About the Company
Voted the Best Thrift Store in the Des Moines Metro, Many Hands Thrift Market creates
meaningful shopping experiences through selling high-quality, second-hand goods.
Owned and operated by the non-profit Many Hands for Haiti, all profits generated from
the retail operations go to support local and global missions.
For more information, please visit https://www.manyhandsthrift.com and www.mh4h.org.